Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

merging libraries

Hi to all, i´ve been working eventually on a macbook pro with Mountain Lion ( os X 10.8.2 ) and Aperture 3.4.2. I´ve made a project wich i ´ve exported " as new library" in order to import this project in the imac i usually work. In this imac i have Snow Leopard 10.5.8 and Aperture 3.0.3.

The problem is that when i try to Import Lybrary/ project nothing happens. No dialogue box to choose " mergue /add lybraries ".

I think the difference in OS and Aperture Version is the problem, because i´m trying to import a library from a newer version into a library of older version. Is it right? Any Suggestion?

Greetings froms Spain and thanks in advance

Roberto

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 1:05 AM

1 reply

Nov 7, 2012 9:28 AM in response to RobertoRuiz

Probably it can't merge in libraries in the older format.

I'd suggest opening the older library in Aperture 3.4.2 and letting it update it. Then once you've done that, re-open your "main" library and try re-importing the old library.

Do be aware once the library has been "updated" that your old machine on Snow Leopard (that's 10.6.8 BTW; 10.5.8 would be "Leopard") won't be able to open it. If you need to be able to do that you should duplicate it before upgrading it.

merging libraries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.