Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes U usage reports

We have an iTunes U account and used to receive usage reports until January 2012. I cannot get hold of anyone in Apple who can help us to find out why and if these can resume.

Alternatively, is there a way to get a sample API call that actually works?

iTunes U

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 1:55 AM

3 replies

Nov 7, 2012 8:07 AM in response to EmmaChesterman

Greetings Emma;

The Reports for iTunes U are now accessible from within Public Site Manager. Log in as you normally would and you'll see a menu option on the far right for "Reports".

https://sitemanager.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/DZStudio.woa/wa/SignIn

All the best...

Syd Rodocker

Apple iTunes U Administrator

Tennessee's Electronic Learning Center

Nov 10, 2012 10:54 AM in response to Syd Rodocker

Hi Syd,

I'm a colleague of Emma's doing dev work on this project. What we really require is access to the GetDailyReportLogs API call to automate the statistics.

It has been incredibly difficult to find sample code to invoke this call, the documentation doesn't do a great job of explaining what specifically is required, and the forums are not much help either. Although I think I now have our secret appropriately encoded, things are vague on exactly what credentials are required in these calls. All I am able to get back from the API is a Forbidden error.

My test URL:

https://deimos.apple.com/WebObjects/Core.woa/API/GetDailyReportLogs/[[ouruniversity-ac-uk]]-public-dz?StartDate=2010-01-01&EndDate=2010-02-02&creden tials=Administrator%40urn%3Amace%3Aitunesu.com%3Asites%3A[[ouruniversity-ac-uk]] -public-dz&identity=%22Dan%22+%3C[[myemailaddress]]%3E+%28dfsdfds%29+%5Bsdfewere %5D&time=1352573236&signature=[[our64bitkey]]

I've replaced the sensitive info with [[vals]], but if you are able to explain from that why I get a Forbidden that'd be greatly appreciated. Note that I have an administator account in the Site Manager associated with [[myemailaddress]].

Many thanks,
Dan

Nov 13, 2012 2:28 PM in response to dvodonnell

Greetings Dan;

Unfortunately, I can't be of very much help to you with this issue. I've never had the need to access the reports in this manner. Have you tried sending an email to iTunes U Support with detailed info about this issue?

itunes-u-request@apple.com

All the best...

Syd Rodocker

Apple iTunes U Administrator

Tennessee's Electronic Learning Center

iTunes U usage reports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.