Currently Being ModeratedNov 7, 2012 3:30 AM (in response to paddymel)
I only use a miniDV tape Camera - but when this comes up it use to be due to
• un-loading tape then re-loading it - or -
• a bit into the tape - back wind and view a bit - then go past end of last recording to cont. recording
• drop outs on the tape
To make the best of this situation I do
• use the memory function in my Camera to wind till where last recording ends
• never un-load tape until it is finished
• Import tape into iMovie HD6 (as I can set this to not import as individual clips) - usually mend this
• Copy from one Camera to another - ONTO A PRE-Recorded tape - to get a full continuous TimeCode/Base
• If nothing helps I use my A/D-box and do an analog import (Canopus ADVC-300 - now called Grass Valley ADVC-300) as this has a TimeCode repair function - even keeps audio in perfect sync while tape contained drop-outs.
If this apply to Your HD-Pro Camera - is out of my range Error - Sorry
Yours trying to be of help - Bengt W
Currently Being ModeratedNov 11, 2012 7:00 PM (in response to Bengt Wärleby)
Thanks very much Bengt W.
I have been investigating with the tape as per your experience. I have also had success transferring the tape into iMovie (no problems) then dragging the file into FCE and working on them (also no problem).
Has anybody else encountered this problem?