Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating <30 mg movie

I want to send a 5 minute movie to someone via email. Please tell me how to "share" it so that it is less than 30 mg which apparently is the maximum allowed by my internet server. When I pick the smallest from the list given it is still too big.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 7:07 AM

14 replies

Nov 9, 2012 2:45 PM in response to lburech

Email is really not a great way to share video. Even if your email service allows 35MB, the recipient's email service may only allow 15MB or 20MB, so your file gets kicked back anyway.

So Dropbox is a good alternative if they need the physical file for some reason.

YouTube is a great option if you want to make the file viewable in full resolution. YouTube has several privacy options. You can make it viewable by anyone, you can make it visible only to those with a link, or you can make it visible only to those you have specified.

Nov 9, 2012 4:25 PM in response to AppleMan1958

Thanks. I am beginning to give up with email and will turn to YouTube as you suggest. I tried dowloading it and, although it plays on my computer, I get the message that it is "Not available on this platform" when I try to access it on my iPhone. I tried sending it again and its says "This Video has been rejected." My link to the video is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wY93i2pp38&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLSxTfQZ AtmSn7aECeWDyt0w

I would like to get rid of the "rejected" video from showing up on my iPhone and get the video that works on my computer working on iPhone "platforms."

Needless to say I am totally befuddle over all this. Thanks again so much for your help.

Nov 9, 2012 5:37 PM in response to lburech

There is an easy way to transfer large movie files. Not Dropbox, it only streams video. It is a service called Pando. Files up to 1 TB are free. I am working on movie projects where I send and receive movie and audio files from around the country. You will upload the file to pandofrom their free application. An invitation will be sent to the email addresses you submit. The recipients will receive an invitation to download the Pando app. which allows them to download the file.

It takes a little time to upload and download large files but it has always worked for us. An upgrade, paid, service is available which is supposed to be up to 5 times faster than the free one. It will transfer 3 TB files. Go to pando.com and transfer the full resolution movie.

Good luck,

Panoramabob

Creating <30 mg movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.