You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a ipod 80gb classic. How do I erase all data?

Question. I have a ipod classic 80gb. I wish to delete all of it's data for selling. How do I achieve this?

iPod classic

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 7:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:30 AM

Connect the iPod to your iTunes library and restore it to factory settings. This process wipes all data from the device, resets all settings back to their defaults, and reloads a fresh copy of the iPod's software onto the device. Just make sure to not let it sync after the restore has been completed.

See this article for more help and instructions on restoring your iPod.

Restoring iPod to factory settings

B-rock

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 7, 2012 8:30 AM in response to dave0024

Connect the iPod to your iTunes library and restore it to factory settings. This process wipes all data from the device, resets all settings back to their defaults, and reloads a fresh copy of the iPod's software onto the device. Just make sure to not let it sync after the restore has been completed.

See this article for more help and instructions on restoring your iPod.

Restoring iPod to factory settings

B-rock

I have a ipod 80gb classic. How do I erase all data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.