Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly, holidays are being removed and/or added to iCal UK & US Calendars. Is this legitimate?

Over the past 24 hours, my husband and I have noticed changes in the UK holiday calendar and the US holiday calendar on iCal. Veteran's Day was dropped from UK calendar on Sunday, November 11th. Diwali was added last night on November 13th on both the UK and US calendars. Islamic New Year is now added this morning on the US calendar on November 15th. The holidays are correct and we have no problems with them being there. It is just the sudden changes that alarm us.

Are these legitimate changes or is someone hacking into the program and making changes on their own?

iCal holidays

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 8:53 AM

3 replies

Nov 9, 2012 8:56 AM in response to happy urbanite

I agree with Betty - I asked to have US Holiday's added to my calendar. Diwali is definately not a US Holiday. Neither is Islamic New Year and who knows what else has been added. There should be an ability to add additional calendars if wanted - such as India or Islamic Holiday's. At a minimum, allow us the ability to delete from our calendars - currently you get the following error "You can’t change events in the "US Holidays" calendar."

Suddenly, holidays are being removed and/or added to iCal UK & US Calendars. Is this legitimate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.