Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't my trackpad allow me to open folders after 2 taps/clicks?

I just got a brand new 2012 MacBook Pro (2.9 GhZ & i7) and my trackpad doesn't allow me to open folders/files after 2 clicks/taps. For tapping to click, I need to randomly shuffle between 3 fingers to open my files, and for press to click it doesn't even respond at all until after like 20 settings. I spent 3 hours talking to Apple Care and even with reformatting and etc., it still doesn't work. I even went and switched my Mac for a brand new one, but stll the problem happens. Any suggestions on how to fix this or why it came? And no, I did not change any unnecessary settings. Thanks for your help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.9 GhZ & i7 Processor

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 9:12 AM

5 replies

Oct 20, 2013 6:03 AM in response to l3rAnavAn

I just had the exact same problem with my rmbp. I couldn't open any folders either I have to click too fast or the trackpad doesn't read my two separate clicks when I try to open it. So I thought what I've done and come up with a solution. My problem was caused because of an old wacom tablet I plugged in to my machine as it set my mouse settings>Double Click Speed to extra fast. So plug a mouse and check your double click speed as it also affects the trackpad but you can't get in that setting without any mouse. Just plug in some mouse or whatever you are using, could be a drawing tablet too, go to mouse settings menu and check your double click speed.

Why doesn't my trackpad allow me to open folders after 2 taps/clicks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.