1. Try settings/general- Ipad cover lock/unlock OFF. Incase anything might be interfering.
2. Well you can try a reboot- Hold power and home button until the screen goes black(ignore red slider) and the apple logo appears. You wont loose data. That MIGHT help....
3. Any software issues the "user" is experiencing can be fixed with a restore. It will wipe the Ipad and put the IOS back on it. You have the thing lock every 10 minutes, reboot doesnt work, then it might be your only option.
I've run into the issue and it seems to be related to an app not fully supporting the iOS you're on, the reboot doesn't usually solve it.
I've solved it in the following manner(s):
1) Backup the device to iCloud, then erase the iPad (Content and Network Settings).
2) Setup the iPad and choose to restore from iTunes/iCloud Backup (wherever you backed it up)
3) Perform any software updates
I have not tried simply performing the software updates (which may fix it, but if it doesn't you won't be able to perform the above steps).