4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2012 2:31 PM by pbeninate
pbeninate Level 1 Level 1

I'm attempting to transfer photos between 2 Aperture libraries using the Library Export/Import feature. The source library contains some photos that were imported from Photo Stream, but most were imported from SD card.

The problem is that photos that were imported from Photo Stream into the source library do not get imported to the desintation library (photos imported from SD card work just fine).

For example:

Source Library Event

- 10 photos from SD card

- 5 photos from Photo Stream

<perfrom export from source library and import into destination library>

Destination Library Event

- 10 photos from SD card

- 0 photos from Photo Stream

Any idea how I can transfer ALL photos including those imported from Photo Stream?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.5)
Solved by léonie on Nov 7, 2012 2:14 PM Solved
When you import the library, does Aperture prompt you if you want to add or merge? And did you choose to "add" or did you "merge"? If you "add" instead od nerging, will the PhotoStream images be added?  I tried on two libraries and all images were imported correctly. When I tried was the Photo stream in the destination library disabled however. Are you importing into a library that has the photo stream enabled, and are the" photo stream imported images" that you want to add to the destination library still visible in the stream in the destination library?
Reply by léonie on Nov 7, 2012 11:34 AM Helpful
Have you already updated to Aperture 3.4.2? In 3.4.1 the handling of images imported from Photo Stream was buggy.

All replies

• léonie Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

Have you already updated to Aperture 3.4.2? In 3.4.1 the handling of images imported from Photo Stream was buggy.

• pbeninate Level 1 Level 1

Yep. Sorry. 3.4.2 on both systems.

• léonie Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

When you import the library, does Aperture prompt you if you want to add or merge? And did you choose to "add" or did you "merge"? If you "add" instead od nerging, will the PhotoStream images be added?

I tried on two libraries and all images were imported correctly. When I tried was the Photo stream in the destination library disabled however. Are you importing into a library that has the photo stream enabled, and are the" photo stream imported images" that you want to add to the destination library still visible in the stream in the destination library?

• pbeninate Level 1 Level 1

Bingo! I must have been doing a "merge" before. I treid "add" and all the photos were imported. Thanks for your help!