Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto Brightness button missing

Upgraded to 6.0.1 and just noticed that I no longer have the button. I have Googled what I could and short of 2 posts nothing else is found. Excuse me if this has been covered before but I would appreciate any input someone could give me or has the same issue. I really don't want to do a restore, sounds whiny I know, but the one post that covered this topic had a few people who did a restore and the problem was not solved....Thanks in advance for any advice...

iPhone 5: IOS 6.0.1 (10A525)

32gig

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1, 32gig

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 11:21 AM

14 replies

Nov 11, 2012 12:54 PM in response to daoud

Hi Guys;

Have the same issue on a iPhone4. Previous to that incident i got my Power botton flex and screen replaced.
Since the replacement, the proximity sensor did not work correctly. It was adjusting to light but did not work during the calls. The screen stays on and I keep pressing, mute etc.

Can you do this for me and share your results: If the promity sensor is working, since its a infra-red signal, you should be able to see it with a digital camera (any kind, even other phones camera). It whould be purplish or whiteish..

If you can't that means your sensor is either not working at all and need to be replaced, or you got your screen replaced and the screen does not pass any lights at all.

Please let me know.

I'll also update you about my progress.

Thx

Nov 11, 2012 2:34 PM in response to daoud

I assume no parts got replaced..

If so:

1. Soft Reset your iphone - no data or setting will be changed (Keep pressing Power + Home at the same time till the phone turns off) and turn it back on.

2. Hold a light (like torch) to the sensor and then check again.

If those things do not work, I would recommed to take it back to apple or any trusted repair center.

I'll post my results here..

Dec 13, 2012 6:54 AM in response to Rhc7390

*sigh*

Yes it was but my phone was stolen last Friday and now with the new one it works fine. I will say though, the battery drain was noticeably absent when I have the Auto Brightness turned on. This question is solved by a very nasty person stealing my phone (someones got bad karma coming their way)...thank you all for the help. Happy Holidays..

Dec 14, 2012 7:56 AM in response to TTSQ

It was a brutal but having the ability to adjust your auto brightness did wonders to save my battery drain. I now have more battery life then when I first got my stolen one, upgraded to 6.0.1 and the toggle disappeared. Although I got reamed with the cost I am happier now that I can unplug my phone and without charging it can use it hours later and have battery life...

Auto Brightness button missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.