Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPod doesn't show last played/play counts

So I've had this new iPod Classic 160GB for a couple of weeks, with no problems until yesterday. I like keeping track of how often I've played songs, how long ago, etc. for playlist purposes. Yesterday I listened to 40-50 songs on shuffle while studying at school, but when I connected the iPod to my iMac, sorting the songs in iTunes by "last played" didn't show any activity for 11/6/12. None of the play counts or ratings on the songs I remembered listening to were updated either.

Most of the Google searches I've done for this issue seem related to iTunes Match, which isn't an issue here. I'm using manual sync. I never had a problem like this on my old 80GB Classic (earlier generation/OS than the new one) that just died after 6 years, so could this be related to Genius or something else?

iPod classic

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 12:05 PM

3 replies

Nov 8, 2012 10:25 AM in response to planb77

Thanks for the reply. I know that manual sync won't carry metadata back to the computer, I was referring to looking at the contents of the iPod in iTunes. The songs on the iPod itself didn't update. Sorry that I didn't make that clear.

For what it's worth, my play counts/last played info did update on the iPod for what I listened to yesterday, but I still don't see any activity showing for the previous day (11/06).

New iPod doesn't show last played/play counts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.