Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Next steps in Map view?

Is there a way, other than overview, to look at the next step/s in Maps? I know you can go to Lists, but I like to scroll through the step by step Map view in advance so its less distracting while trying to deal with traffic. This was available in the prior version of (Google) Maps.

Interestingly, I when I used Maps today after upgrading to iOS 6.0.1 yesterday, I thought it was added to Maps. For some reason voice navigation was not working this morning, but I could scroll to the next step. When I re-started my phone in hopes of getting the voice navigation to work: voice navigation was back, but the ability to scroll through the next steps on the Maps was lost.

How can I scroll through all the step by step directions in Map view?

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 11:48 AM

The only way to scroll through directions in Maps is if you search for a route that is not from your current location. If from current location, it will not scroll, but if you search for a route from two different locations you can scroll, actually swipe, along the different turns.

5 replies

Nov 7, 2012 11:58 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Ok, that appears to be the case.

However, why is the Swipe feature only available when not using your Current Location? I would really like the Swipe feature to be available regardless of the method of search (Current Location versis typed location).

It appears that cetain functionality is mutually exclusive.

If inputting two locations locations, Swipe feature available but not turn-by-turn voice navigation or ETA statistics.

If using Currentl Location, just the opposite features are available.

All these features should be available all the time. Seems like a great feature.

Next steps in Map view?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.