Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove an iCloud email address from an iPad

Not sure if this should be here or posted in the iCloud area, but will try here first. I used to have an @me.com address (after the .mac one went away) and now I have the same address, but @icloud.com. When I tap on the "From:" field when composing a message on my iPad, I get the option of using my primary Gmail account, my @icloud.com account, or my @me.com account. I would like to not see the @me.com account be an option as I'm never going to use it. How can I remove that and have the available options include only the @icloud.com account from iCloud?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion, + 24-inch LED Cinema Display

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 1:12 PM

I don't believe you can. The @icloud address was added as an alias to your @me address, which will remain intact. Messages sent to either address arrive in the same inbox and I don't believe you can delete the @me option. You can, however, choose @icloud as your default rather than @me, as described here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5441.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2012 1:12 PM in response to Larry McJunkin

I don't believe you can. The @icloud address was added as an alias to your @me address, which will remain intact. Messages sent to either address arrive in the same inbox and I don't believe you can delete the @me option. You can, however, choose @icloud as your default rather than @me, as described here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5441.

Nov 7, 2012 1:16 PM in response to randers4

Thanks, randers4...already knew how to set the default, and I don't want either of the iCloud addresses to be the primary (that's why I have Google Apps/Gmail). I suspect you're correct, though. What is odd is that I've had the iCloud.com address as an option ever since Apple turned it on for everyone...but the @me.com option just started showing up today. Very strange.

How to remove an iCloud email address from an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.