Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Linux (Ubuntu 12.1)

How do I use iTunes?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6, Windows 7 64 bit, TMobile

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 1:10 PM

5 replies

Nov 7, 2012 2:13 PM in response to LDeVose2

1. You install it on a Windows PC or a Mac.
  2. You insert a CD into your computer's hard drive and away you go.

Of course - that's not what you meant, is it? Let me guess (I'll have to, won't I, since you provide sufficient information to confuse the best of us)...

a.) You want to install iTunes onto the Linux operating system.

No, that can't be, can it? After all, you came here from an Apple article about downloading iTunes for Windows.

b.) You want to know how to use your iPhone with iTunes.

No, probably not that, since you ask "how do (you) use iTunes", which suggests that you are not yet trying to connect it to iTunes, possibly because you haven't yet managed to get any media (music) into iTunes.

c.) You want to know how to import music into iTunes, how to arrange the music within iTunes, how to create Playlists, and how to download Podcasts.

Well, could be, I suppose.

Let us know.

Nov 8, 2012 8:33 AM in response to LDeVose2

No, of course it wasn't. But that's because your post was far from informative. I challenge anyone else to provide you - based on your original post - with an answer you will find helpful.

Buried within my somewhat caustic humour, I was asking you to tell us what exactly it was that you were trying to do. In fact, at the end of my post, I wrote Let us know.

But in spite of that, you haven't given us any more information, so I can only assume that your post was simply a wind-up. It wouldn't be the first one of the day.

Have a good day.

Nov 8, 2012 6:30 PM in response to the fiend

8 November 2012

Everytime I use this service I get answers that are not helpful, but sarcastuc, judgmental and offensive. Please do not respond to my posts or write to me at all unless you are responding to the specific question I am asking. I will appreciate from you absolutely no more offensive correspondence.

I truly thank you for complying with my request for no more offensive or negative correspondence from you.

Nov 9, 2012 2:16 AM in response to LDeVose2

Okay - here's a positive post;

If you have a problem with iTunes, try asking a question (on how to resolve that problem) that gives us sufficient information to enable us to help you. Your first post was far too vague.

My first reponse to you not only gave you a specific answer to the vague question you asked (and yes, I do realise it didn't help. It wasn't meant to!), but I also suggested that you give us more information if you wanted help. You did not take up my offer.

LDeVose2 wrote:

Everytime I use this service I get answers that are not helpful, but sarcastuc, judgmental and offensive.

How can anyone possibly help you if you not only ask questions that cannot be answered to your satisfaction, but you fail to expand on that question when given more than one chance to do so? Do you see anyone else jumping in to help you? No!

And why's that? Because you have yet to ask a question that can be meaningfullly answered.

*Sigh!*

Linux (Ubuntu 12.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.