Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHAT, yet another email domain from Apple?

Sheesh, how many different email addresses does Apple think I need? Is there any benefit to changing to @iCloud (since not long ago I, like an Apple sheep, changed to @me) - other than serving Apple's entirely selfish marketing interests? Are they going to do this to us each time some marketing "genius" at Apple gets a new idea for a "neat new name". I'm really getting tired of Apple's "form over function" philosophy. It's more of the same thing as the Maps fiasco . Apple, you're losing your way.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 1:14 PM

3 replies

Nov 7, 2012 1:25 PM in response to polarbreeze1

Apple aren't here, so its pointless directing any comments at them here. Sheesh.

Apple never said yout need any of the additional email addresses they provide. If you don't want them, don't use them - they are entirely OPTIONAL.

Continue using the one you always have and ignore the new one(s) if you don't want them. Clearly Apple provides additional email domains for those people who want a choice, not people like you who are content with their existing address.

You may have missed it, the the service from Apple is now called "iCloud", so it makes sense to offer @icloud.com addresses to account holders. If you don't want it, don't use it.

WHAT, yet another email domain from Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.