Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opinions? Macbook air vs pro for middle/high school?

So basicly i'm in eighth grade & i'm going to be going to highschool next year. I'm going to be getting a laptop soon, but i'm not sure what would be my best option. MacBook Air or MacBook Pro? possibly pc?

I mostly need to use the computer for school projects. I'll need to be able to run photoshop, microsoft office, iMovie, ect for projucts.

I understand mac book air has no cd/dvd drive. I don't really need one.

I might possibly download sims 3 onto my laptop.

weight dosn't really matter to me now since both laptop's are pretty light, but for high school i'll have to take 2 buses and walk a bit every afternoon & some mornings, carrying a lot of homework, so maybe a lighter laptop would make a big diffrence.

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 1:17 PM

1 reply

Nov 7, 2012 2:12 PM in response to ♥♥♥

You should go to your local Apple store and play with each one, see what feels good to you. For what you described, either one will work. Recommend you buy Applecare, as notebooks being transported are subject to greater stresses than a desktop system. Plus you have phone access to Apple for 3 years to help with any issues that might come up.

Opinions? Macbook air vs pro for middle/high school?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.