Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changed Apple id

Okay, so I had changed my apple id and I had some issues with that, like passwords and e-mails and stuff. But I was able to resolve those problems.

But now I'm having an issue with imessage.

User uploaded file

I wasn't sure how to explain this exactly, so here is a picture of my dilemma.

I know it says Bonjour is offline, but I don't want to use Bonjour because I read that it isn't needed and it's better not to use it.

No matter what I do, it always says that the person I'm trying to talk to is offline. I tried sending a message, but it doens't work... even if I turn Bonjour on.

help? Please and thank you ><

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 2:16 PM

Hi,

I have seen a pic a bit like this.

The person opened New Message via the icon to left

They then used the blue + icon that appears to right to select a Contact (rather than Buddy).

However some of their Contact's details were listed as being Bonjour connections instead of iMessage ones.

That Thread here has not been concluded yet.

The fact the "Name" in the "To" spot goes red means either it is NOT an iMessages registered ID or that the ID is Off line (It always get listed as "Not Registered" )

Bonjour has never done Groups chats so I don't know what you have showing there in the pic.

Those three open chats could all be with different services.

I could do with knowing how exactly you got the current name in the "To " spot.

User uploaded file
10:16 PM Thursday; November 8, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2012 2:16 PM in response to Dandy-lion

Hi,

I have seen a pic a bit like this.

The person opened New Message via the icon to left

They then used the blue + icon that appears to right to select a Contact (rather than Buddy).

However some of their Contact's details were listed as being Bonjour connections instead of iMessage ones.

That Thread here has not been concluded yet.

The fact the "Name" in the "To" spot goes red means either it is NOT an iMessages registered ID or that the ID is Off line (It always get listed as "Not Registered" )

Bonjour has never done Groups chats so I don't know what you have showing there in the pic.

Those three open chats could all be with different services.

I could do with knowing how exactly you got the current name in the "To " spot.

User uploaded file
10:16 PM Thursday; November 8, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Nov 11, 2012 1:45 PM in response to Dandy-lion

Hi,

User uploaded file For the points User uploaded file

User uploaded file
9:45 PM Sunday; November 11, 2012

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Nov 27, 2012 1:04 PM in response to galaxy205

Hi,

I was not sure either as I was trying to get more information about the issue.

The Messages app (iMessages is something it can do) can have the Bonjour Account turned Off but t cannot be deleted.

(in the Bonjour Account Untick the "Use this Account" box.).

On my Messages app I can have iChat on another computer with Bonjour active in iChat.

I can then type the start of the name in the Buddy list into the "To" spot in the Main Message widow.

As I have several AIM and Jabber IDs as well as Yahoo and Bonjour accounts logged in on both computers - as I type I see various accounts, Screen Names and IDs appear linked with my name (I have address cards set up for my other computers on my iMac)

The Bonjour name appears as my Name@the-Computer-name (the computer name is hyphenated like it appears in System Preferences > Sharing)

It still appears if the Bonjour account if Off on the other iChat (or the iChat is Quit)

If I now select it it is red in the "To" spot and offers the try the name as an AIM ID, Google/Jabber ID and as a Yahoo ID

So...

At this point there is something about the "To" Spots naming/Autofill set up that includes Off Line Bonjour accounts which I would not expect.

If I try and add an AIM Name from the other computer as the "To" name and then use the drop down to try other options (Jabber IDs or Yahoo) Bonjour does not show up as an option of any variations of my name that forms the Address Cards for the other computers.

I can't replicate your odd Bonjour connection appearing instead of iMessages Contact names.

Have you tried restarting Messages ?

Have you tried restarting the computer ?

User uploaded file
9:03 PM Tuesday; November 27, 2012

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Changed Apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.