Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod froze in play mode and does not appear in iTunes

I was listening to music when I forwarded to the next song and the iPod froze in place. I have tried to reset (moving the hold then pressing buttons as shown on the apple site) but to no avail. Can't restore since it does not show up in iTunes - I have the most recent version of OS and iTunes. Any thoughts? Any Hope?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:42 AM

Go ahead and try that reset procedure a few more times for good measure. Sometimes it can take more than one try.

Otherwise, you'll have no choice but let the iPod's battery full drain. Then charge it back up to full capacity and see how it does. If it's still giving you problems, restore it to factory settings in iTunes.

B-rock

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2012 8:42 AM in response to Jan Andrews

Go ahead and try that reset procedure a few more times for good measure. Sometimes it can take more than one try.

Otherwise, you'll have no choice but let the iPod's battery full drain. Then charge it back up to full capacity and see how it does. If it's still giving you problems, restore it to factory settings in iTunes.

B-rock

iPod froze in play mode and does not appear in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.