Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro (bought two months ago) doesn't pick up my wifi signal at home. I have a Mercury wifi router connected to my home pc. My iPhone and iPad picks my wifi signal up but my MacBook doesn't. I have tried reseting the router and even my MacBook.

My new MacBook Pro doesn't pickup my wifi signal. My iPhone and iPad picks up the wifi signal perfectly. Does anybody know why this is happening and how to fix it please?

I have tried everything. Reseting my router (Mercury MW548R) etc.

A friend of mine has the same problem with her MacBook Air. Is it a router problem?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 4:44 PM

5 replies

Nov 7, 2012 7:36 PM in response to Macnovic

Macnovic wrote:

My new MacBook Pro doesn't pickup my wifi signal.

If your WiFi is WEP Encrypted then it won't, Apple is depreciating that in OS X as it's insecure by you thinking it's secure when it's not.

Also if your router has a "hidden" network, it won't reconnect automatically.

WiFi, Internet problems, possible solutions

WiFi security issues, at home and WiFi hotspots

Also check the age of that router, it seems to be from China and I can't read Chinese, if it's not a Wireless N with WPA2 (AES) then I would get a newer one and update the firmware before using it.

Nov 8, 2012 10:53 AM in response to Macnovic

Paste this command in Terminal and copy/paste the output here:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Apple80211.framework/Versions/Current/Resource s/airport -s

Is your SSID/wireless network name listed in here ?

Can you log in to your router and make sure you are using channels between 1 and 11.

Does your Mac connect to all other wireless networks ? Is this issue only seen at home ?

My MacBook Pro (bought two months ago) doesn't pick up my wifi signal at home. I have a Mercury wifi router connected to my home pc. My iPhone and iPad picks my wifi signal up but my MacBook doesn't. I have tried reseting the router and even my MacBook.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.