Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come they still haven't fixed the ios 6 wifi problem on ios 6.0.1 making me mad -.-

I know apple or the tech support doesn't read this but come on tell them to fix the wifi problem that started from ios 6 and still continuing to ios 6.0.1. I already gave them another feedback like 5 days ago. I really don't want to reconnect to my wifi everytime. I already did everything possibly to fix my wifi problem. I know its IOS 6.0.1 because it started with ios 6 and still not fixed by apple update to 6.0.1.

I have a very limit data plan of 300 MB on at&t and I don't want to go over so I rely on my wifi most of the time.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 5:01 PM

15 replies

Nov 7, 2012 6:43 PM in response to gdgmacguy

Maybe you just lucked out but both my devices running ios 6.0.1 have wifi problems shutting of at random times during sleep. I know you guys will say when its plugged in it doesn't lose wifi true but I never remember having this problem in the previous ios verison from ios 4 to 5(On my Iphone 4, and from my Iphone 4s from IOS 5) until I updated both devices to ios 6 or even when I had a iTouch 3rd gen long time ago I never remember it shutting of my wifi. I am telling you this never happened before IOS 6 where I need to leave it plugged in just to have my wifi during wake up.

Nov 8, 2012 12:23 PM in response to GTR_Lover

Problem Solved!!!

I thought I had tried everything and then the answer was so simple (Thanks to a Chris on this forum!).

Went to 'other' in the list of wifi networks and entered the network name (beware of caps), correct security (in my case WEP) and password. Knew immediately it had worked because the 'forget this network' button appeared in the network details, which it hadn't before.

Yippee!

Nov 8, 2012 7:06 PM in response to GTR_Lover

I have same issue with my iPod Touch 4G. after upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 WiFi doesnt work properly. When I connect to Wifi it works for few minutes, but then all the sudden communication fails. In WiFi status it still shows connected but no data transfer takes place. I know its not issue with my router since i have other 5 devices which connect to same router without any issue. and suspiciously enough all this issue started after iOS 6.0.1 upgrade.

Please help, without WiFi my ipod is useless.

Nov 9, 2012 9:31 AM in response to GTR_Lover

GTR_Lover wrote:

Maybe you just lucked out but both my devices running ios 6.0.1 have wifi problems shutting of at random times during sleep. I know you guys will say when its plugged in it doesn't lose wifi true but I never remember having this problem in the previous ios verison from ios 4 to 5(On my Iphone 4, and from my Iphone 4s from IOS 5) until I updated both devices to ios 6 or even when I had a iTouch 3rd gen long time ago I never remember it shutting of my wifi. I am telling you this never happened before IOS 6 where I need to leave it plugged in just to have my wifi during wake up.

GTR

I thought I believed my iPhone 4 with iOS5.0 would not disconnect during sleep mode. However, I was wrong. What I did was to ping the IP addresses on my iPhone 4 (iOS5) and iPhone 5 (iOS 6 then, and iOS6.0.1 now) when they were in sleep mode. Very true that there were timed-out on both devices. Once I woke them up, ping went thru. I did a scan on my home network using my iPad while the other 2 phones were in sleep mode, I was not able to see them.

I thought my iPhone4 did not disconnect too. But again, I think the reconnecting to wifi on iOS 5 is SO MUCH quicker than on iOS6 so user would think there was never a disconnect.

How come they still haven't fixed the ios 6 wifi problem on ios 6.0.1 making me mad -.-

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.