1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 8, 2012 3:19 PM by BDAqua
jfaughnan Level 3 Level 3 (780 points)

An hour ago I received a note like this:

Dear Apple Customer,

Product Serial Number(s): XXXXXX

Case ID: 11111

Follow Up Number: 1111

Thank you for submitting a refund request. We need a repair receipt and banking details to complete your refund.

Please contact the service center that replaced your hard drive and obtain a receipt, if you do not already have it.

Reply to this email and attach a scan of the receipt. Do not change the subject line.

This made me unhappy, as I thought I'd completed the refund request process for my defective drive two weeks ago.

I wrote a snarky blog post, posted a question here that was removed for violating posting rules (guilty), and replied to the email with a complaint. Then I received this note:

Dear Apple Customer,

The prior communication you received from Apple stating the need for additional information was in error.

We completed your refund for a hard drive replacement as part of the iMac 1TB Seagate Hard Drive Replacement Program.

Refund Amount: 281.25

Credit Memo Number: 111111

Case ID: 11111

Follow Up Number: 111111

You will receive your refund in four-to-six weeks.

So the original notice was a mistake. I assume I'm not the only person who got it. If you got the notice, and haven't received a correction, try replying and ask if it was sent in error.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)