Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 on 6.0.1, severe battery problems

I have suffered what I consider a critical failure since upgrading to 6.0.1. I am a medical student and today in class I noticed my battery draining unusually fast. At first I was unconcerned as cell service in the hospital is poor and sometimes that drains battery faster. During my last class I was down to 40% so turned my phone off. I turned it on after class 2 hours later and battery is down to 15%, it dropped 25% over two hours while turned off!! I got home and it was 10% so I charged it for 4 hours and it only went up to 17% now in the last 10 minutes it's gone 17-13% and I am using now and it is sluggish and slow to type.

What can I do? I'm on call tomorrow and I am expected to have a working phone, can anyone help me? My iPhone is not authorized on my iTunes, ive tried and it just says "connecting to apple" for hours straight. Been like that since I got a new laptop 8 months ago. I'm not too stupid or lazy to fix it, just so busy and stressed I don't have time to fix this stuff.

Please help if you can! I appreciate it a bunch!

Now at 6%

Does anyone know if I beg will they let me downgrade back to a different iOS? Like 6.0.0?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 10:24 PM

9 replies

Nov 8, 2012 1:53 PM in response to Michaelkelgin

I had this problem and tried all of the solutions, ie deleting caches, resetting settings, turning off location services etc. I found a thread that suggested it may be an iCloud issue. I went to settings, deleted iCloud account and then left it for a few hours. Bingo battery back to normal. I re signed in to iCloud....4 hours later still ok. Please give this a go!

Nov 15, 2012 8:01 AM in response to Michaelkelgin

My 3 week old iPhone 4S had the same battery life issue after updating to ios 6.0.1. It died at 47% then 52% then 57%. While recharging after early death, I noticed that it got to 100% really fast, so I decided to charge it another hour after showing100%. The next day it lasted a lot longer and stayed at 100% for about 5 hours. It did die at about 60%. I noticed that the wall plug on the charger would get warm while charging, so I charged it again for about 3 hours (from the wall outlet) until the wall plug cooled all the way back down. I completely shut it down overnight by holding the power button and the next day the battery meter seemed to be recalibrated. It has been on for over 24 hours and is down to 34%. I think Apple needs to publish a battery meter recalibration procedure to help fix this problem.

Nov 18, 2012 12:31 AM in response to Michaelkelgin

I have tried everything for my iphone 4s. It is not anything I can fix... Apple needs to fix this with a new update. My iphone 4s worked great until I upgraded to iOS 6.01. This is so strange to try blame this on anything but the upgrade. When is this going to be fixed.. APPLE??? I am so frustrated with no help for this..I have been a iphone user forever and getting new ones as they come out and always excited about my iphone.. this is making me think twice about the iphone.

Nov 18, 2012 12:47 AM in response to deborahfromsitka

Have no idea what you mean by "everything", but you need to restore the phone as NEW, without using a backup. If your phone was EVER hacked/jailbroken (even if the jailbreak was "removed") you may never be able to fix this. Remove and reinstall any Exchage email accounts.

FYI: This is strictly a user-to-user tech support site - Apple doesn't read or participate here

Nov 18, 2012 11:39 AM in response to Michaelkelgin

Solution to battery problem for IOS 6.0.1 ---->>>>> The problem is with icloud; and to solve this problem you must turn off icloud and then delete the account from your phone. For some reason icloud will run when the phone is unlocked draining the battery. You can't tell that icloud is running but trust me it is. I have seen the problem to accure when you try to use icloud(backup to) without a home wi-fi; say you try to use the icloud by linking your phone with the cable to your computer; the phone will try to backup to icloud but it cant and thus it is locked in a continues loop until you turn off and delete icloud from your phone...So follow this step---->>>> click on Settings; then click on icloud; then click on delete account; then click on Delete from My iphone... Battery problem is now solved. <<<--- Then if you would like to use icloud on your phone follow the steps to turn on icloud in your phone but make very sure your phone is on a home wi-fi network or it will get caught in a endless loop; draining your battery. If you turn icloud back on and have the same problem then you cant use icloud on your phone or you need to upgrade to iphone5; thats all up to you..

Ok i will ask that Apple give me a free Ipad Mini for this one.

Jan 9, 2013 4:37 AM in response to Summerfieldsinc

Ok, so this identifies the problem. I've switched off all iCloud functions. Battery is no longer overheating and running down like Usain Bolt (which happened immediately on updating my iPhone 4s to 6.0.1). So can somebody from Apple give me an idea as to when we'll see a fix for this?

NOTE : Added iCloud functionality was one of the reasons I updated my iMacs to 10.8.2 and iPhone as above.

Also, when disabling iCloud Notes, I'm not given any option to keep them on my phone? Unlike email etc. NOT HELPFUL.

Apple, please advise?

iPhone 4 on 6.0.1, severe battery problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.