Skip navigation

Re-delivering via iBooks Author

437 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2012 8:10 PM by skyzm RSS
skyzm Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 7, 2012 10:30 PM

Hey guys. Quick question. I uploaded my first book, and was met with only two tickets regarding its content. Easy to fix, but I had to update the metadata (title), cover art, and book assets.

I followed the instructions found here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5213?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

but there is a part of those instructions that says "Most of the required fields will be filled in for you, but you will need to include text in the "What's New" field to update your book."

That didn't happen for me. I was met with a completely empty iTunes Producer window (all other info such as pricing, categories were removed).

Rather than fill everything back in, I took the existing .itmsp file from my previous upload, modified the book title, cover art, and assets, and re-delivered.

Was this an OK way to update the book? I'm noticing in the "Manage Your Books" section of iTunes Connect that it does register a 1.1 update (my original was of course 1.0) but none of the other stuff that I changed is reflected in that window yet.

I was wondering if anyone has any insight to this process. Thanks!

iBooks Author, Mac OS X (10.7.5)
  • vinnyvg Level 4 Level 4 (1,550 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 8, 2012 7:57 PM (in response to skyzm)

I had a similar problem.

I think  with the new iTunes Producer and  iBook requirements following the recent updates,  the  process is to ignore your previous itmsp upload file and use the Publish option in iBA.

I had to get the Vendor info  from my iTunes Connect account - leave the page open!

Use the  vendor ID to set your process going and carry on as before filling in the blanks. I used copy and paste from iTC for the description etc or presumably you can start again.

You will need to  re- fill every step  and when you get to  the assetts  you are asked if its the same book or a new version. Version No 1.1 is in place IF  you advise a new version.

I had a problem here  - it said it was the same book although I had added new images and  captions  and corrected typ0s and out of line stufff!  

An error msg said I needed to include a preview.( mine is a free book  and previews were not required before)  I  opened iBA at the book, duplicated, saved as name-Preview and butchered lumps out to leave a fair variety over 15 pages. Back in the producer I added that preview and moved on to the book cover and screen shots. Everything was OK.

Now in iTC  I have a new orange dot with 1.1 Review Pending.

I assume that all version info is retained by vendor info and if  we do new versions and open it via the metadata options.. all will be in place as before the updates  and asking for version 1.2

I am not saying this is Apples  way - its  what I did to get the book updated and back in the store.

The original or previous version will stay in the store unless and intil a review is passed.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.