Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook is not recognizing my power adapter at all!

So ive been noticing that my macbook won't be charging even after i unplug or restart or update my computer. No matter how many times i remove the plug and connect it to another outlet that orange light won't come on to let me know that my computer is charging. But then after i just turn off my computer and put it aside till the next day. And of course it will work at that moment but later it will start the whole issue again Anyways my question is, how can i figure out if its my computer that is the problem or if i need to get a new charger?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 1:01 AM

1 reply

Nov 8, 2012 1:06 AM in response to gabriellenicole

You may be just under your one-year warranty? Or purchased AppleCare to extend it? EIther way, you're going to need to take your computer and MagSafe adapter into you local Apple Store or an AASP and have them diagnose the problem. No use spending money on a new adapter if it's a problem on the power supply side.

Have it diagnosed. If you're out of warranty, you'll just have to pay to get it fixed - here's hoping that your still under warranty or purchased AppleCare.

Clinton

my macbook is not recognizing my power adapter at all!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.