Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Now have OSX 10.8.2. cannot update my HP Scanjet software. Have downloaded a patch from the HP site, but my MacBook will not open it as it says it does not recognise HP as an apple compatible compnay. Any advise?

I have just plugged in my scanner (HP Scanjet G2710) however my old HP Scan software will not opne. I have found a patch on the HP site which may fic the problem (although it only sesm to go up to OSX 10.7) and having donaloaded the patch my Mac will not opne or deal with the software as it now tells me it does not recognise HP as an Apple affiliated compnay. Any help / suggestions? I don't really want to buy another scanner...

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), HP Scanner problem

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 12:44 AM

9 replies

Nov 8, 2012 7:13 AM in response to JonnyTrunk

Your not a dummy who installs software from unverified sources, head to System Preferences > Security and Gatekeeper select "Anywhere".

Read on here for great places and information about downloading software from trusted sources.

How to download and install programs

Microsoft tried this very same "trusted" thing and it didn't work, shame on Apple for scaring people.

Nov 9, 2012 4:31 AM in response to JonnyTrunk

Hi,

By reading your notes I assume you didn't uninstalled the HP Software and installed the latest v10.6 software available online, any previous version will not work regardless the patch installation as it was not signed.

Be sure to follow the directions listed in here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c03428470 #A3

The latest software can be downoad from here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en &cc=us&prodTypeId=15179&prodSeriesId=3423844&prodNameId=3423845&swEnvOID=219&swL ang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=sj-78355-5

Then you should reinstall the patch:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en &cc=us&prodTypeId=15179&prodSeriesId=3423844&prodNameId=3423845&swEnvOID=219&swL ang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=cs-97791-1

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

Nov 21, 2013 11:14 AM in response to ShlomiL

Hi

I did this HP Scanjet 4070 driver uninstall, new install for 10.6 and 10.7 and patch for 10.8. I am running system 10.9

The scan works in the HP scanjet window and when you open in preview it is a series of bands and not an image. When you go to save, you see this: An error has occurred saving the file because it could not be written to. Check the properties for the file to make sure it is not read-only.

Can you help?

I'd really like to use my scanner!

RM

Dec 1, 2013 3:54 PM in response to sittingbl

Murphy and sittingbl, please start a new topic thread unless you have solutions for Jonny. Otherwise it will be too confusing to figure out which solution works for which person. Just state which scanner you have tried, and what solutions I've provided you've tried, and which operating system, and if possible, what was the last one that worked. Also if your data is backed up will help those trying to troubleshoot your issue.

Now have OSX 10.8.2. cannot update my HP Scanjet software. Have downloaded a patch from the HP site, but my MacBook will not open it as it says it does not recognise HP as an apple compatible compnay. Any advise?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.