Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 8 with iTunes installed. Now my iPhone 4S is no longer recognized in iTunes. Connecting with USB sends me directly to the MS app that downloads pictures from the iPhone. Suggest this is a question of missing Apple driver.

I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 8 with iTunes installed. Now my iPhone 4S is no longer recognized in iTunes. Connecting the iPhone with USB sends me directly to the MS app that downloads pictures from the iPhone. Suggest this is a question of missing Apple driver for Windows 8, iTunes and iPhone. MS does not care! This seems to be a general problem with Windows 8 that a number of drivers that used to work with Windows 7 now do not work, ie. iPhone to iTunes, HTC to HTCSync, Samsung to Kies etc. I need this connection to work in order to syncronize with Outlook and my iTunes library.

Asus K53E-OTHER, Other OS, Windows 8

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 4:11 AM

8 replies

Dec 23, 2012 8:13 AM in response to diesel vdub

diesel vdub wrote:

Maybe it would have been a better idea to confirm that iTunes is supported in Windows 8 before buying a computer with that Operating System.

There will be a new version of iTunes released this month... no one forced you to upgrade prior to a supported version of iTunes being released.

Like the fact that you just called most of us stupid there 😝

Dec 23, 2012 8:38 AM in response to Gloánn

I didn't get that from diesel's post. I saw it more of a reminder that

one should always check that regularly used programs are supported

by a planned operating system upgrade. If a program is not supported,

then you can decide whether to put off the upgrade until the program

supports the new OS or upgrade the OS while aware that the program

will not be useful until an updated version is released.

Dec 23, 2012 10:52 AM in response to imobl

I guess that is just the tone he used, kind of condescending towards windows users in that post and some others I was going through.

I do understand the fact that you should be checking before upgrading but sometimes you have no other choice when all hardware vendors from one day to the other change their OS to the newest version of Windows, one would expect that such a great company as Apple would follow the movement especially for all of us that can not afford such great machine as the one made by apple.

I upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 8 with iTunes installed. Now my iPhone 4S is no longer recognized in iTunes. Connecting with USB sends me directly to the MS app that downloads pictures from the iPhone. Suggest this is a question of missing Apple driver.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.