Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email with attachment ms word not working

Since updating to Mountain Lion, Share -> Email as Attachment in Word, Excel and Powerpoint 2011 no longer attaches the file. It launches Mac Mail but then I get the spinning beach ball.

I have repaired permissions and rebuilt the MS identity. No luck with either.

Any additonal help would be great. I use this feature a lot and would like to know what has become corrrupted.

thanks,

Debbie

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 6:47 AM

12 replies

Nov 8, 2012 8:18 AM in response to VikingOSX

All normal file names. MS Office has this built into the File, Share menu. It workd until I upgraded to ML. It launches Mail but does not attach the file. It does not work accross the Office platform: Word, Excel or Powerpoint.

As far as I know you cannot add the Share button like in Safari to other applications yet. It must be written into th program itself.

I think this must have something to do with the applescript which is running behind the scenes, but am at a loss to know what might not be working.

Debbie

Nov 30, 2012 4:21 PM in response to singerdf

I too am experiencing the exact same issue as singerdf, and have been all over the internet looking for a fix. This is one of my favorite and most used features. I think it worked for me for awhile after upgrading to Mountain Lion, and just recently quit working. It opens up MacMail but just the program, not a new compose email and certainly not with the attached file. Very frustrating. Still hoping to hear about a fix.

Nov 30, 2012 4:29 PM in response to singerdf

I'm using Word 2011 14.2.5, and OSX 10.8.2 and I have no problem with this at all. I select share by email, Mail opens with the document attached, every time, and this also works across the other Office apps (Excel Powerpoint) so this is not general to 10.8.2 but selective, make a new user account, log in to it and test there.

Jan 9, 2013 10:50 PM in response to bem_Oakland__

I have the same problem. I dont the restarting or repairing permissions is a permanent solution, as for me it fixes it fora time, and then the problem restarts. I just upgraded to a new MBP Retina with ML preloaded - same problem. I think there is something triggered, perhaps by a third party - someone suggest using Chrome changes the mail defaults, but I have deleted Chrome and still the problem.. firefox maybe?

email with attachment ms word not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.