Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi, I have an animation (swf file) and want to put it in my presentation. Anyone knows how to do this? Best, Antonio

Hi, How can I place a swf animation (not a movie) in Keynote?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 12:26 PM

you cant, Kenote only accepts these media file types: MOV MP3 MPEG-4 AIFF AAC

therefor you would need to obtain one of these or convert the file using a file conversion application;

Google swf converter to see whats available.

4 replies

May 31, 2015 1:18 PM in response to Antonio Figueiredo

If your presentation is live and manually controlled, you could place the Flash animation on a web server and then place a graphic object on the slide where you intend to show it. Then attach a web link to that graphic object (or text). During the presentation, click on that object or text. This will cause Keynote to suspend the presentation, Safari will open the page and then you can demo the Flash interactive however you like. When done, clik on the Keynote icon in the Dock. Keynote will resume where it was suspended. Continue the presentation.

This enables interacting with the Flash file in an ad hoc fashion. Perhaps you'd want to respond to unpredictable audience questions. This will do that but an internet connection is required.

Where you can't rely on an internet connection or where ad hoc manipulation of the Flash file isn't Important, you can simply record a movie of the screen as you demonstrate using this Flash file. QuickTime Player X will record the screen. Then add the movie to a slide and present the content as rehearsed. This takes a bit more pre-planning and is less flexible but doesn't require an internet connection and won't make your presentation run overtime.

Hi, I have an animation (swf file) and want to put it in my presentation. Anyone knows how to do this? Best, Antonio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.