Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Embedded Quicktime videos not working on specific website

My university lab has our own private website with blogs where we occasionally post media. However, I am unable to view embedded quicktime videos. An image of the video is displayed along with the start button, and when I click it, the area goes completely blank and nothing happens. The same thing happens if someone attaches a video as a file, and I click on the "quick look" (eye icon) symbol to play the video file. The quick look window pops up but is simply blank and nothing happens. I don't have this problem on any other website. Additionally, if I view the page source, and get the actual url for the video file on our server and navigate to that, it plays the video fine in its own window. I've searched and tried everything I could find the QuickTime plugin. Interstingly, when I remove the Quicktime plugin from "/Library/Internet Plug-ins", other website that have quicktime videos correctly indicate that the plugin is missing and cannot play their video. Our lab website, however displays the exact same behaviour as before. An image of the video is displayed, and it goes blank when I click play, and nothing happens. It doesn't even indicate any missing plugin.

I do not know of anyone else having this same problem. What gives?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 8:57 AM

1 reply

Embedded Quicktime videos not working on specific website

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.