Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itune match

I have 2500 songs in my computer. I got iTune Match, so I can listen all the songs that I have with iPhone. I love it so much.

I have couple of questions...

1. Can I delete whole songs from computer since I have songs in iCloud?

2. I see some of songs doesn't have iCloud symbol. That mean, those songs are not in iCloud? Why is that?

3. iTune Match did step1 and step 2, but seems like taking foever to upload artwork... is there any solutions?

Basicaly, I want to delete all my songs from my computer, so I can have more space on my HD.

Thank you,

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, Safari Mountain Lion is too slow

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 9:57 AM

1 reply

Nov 8, 2012 10:27 AM in response to ECHOWEAR

Hi,

I do not recommend that you delete songs from your hard drive. You should not rely on imatch as a backup. If you must delete your music from your hard drive, backup to an external hard drive.

You can add iCloud status as a viewable field and this will tell you if the song has been matched, uploaded or purchased.

Step 3 is a pain. There is no solution. Count yourself lucky if the process completes!! LOL.

Jim

itune match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.