Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't get video and audio together on mpeg

Hey..... I need to know this is very simple terms...... I'm really ignorant to all of the technical terms, etc. I've followed the procedure for compressing out of fcp and when it finally finishes, there is no audio. some projects are fcp, some are QT brought into fcp. Can anyone give me a simple step by step procedure for this? I'm using the Weyland book right now.

PowerMac G5, (7,3), Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Apr 18, 2006 9:15 AM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2006 2:15 PM in response to Jackie Simmonds

hey Jackie

what is the ultimate purpose for your file?

i ask bcz you might want to produce a transport mpeg rather than a program mpeg.

the former is a muxed (audio + video) that is primarily used for web deliverables and VOD, which compressor cannot do.

the latter would be considered a elementary stream files (raw) that you have to mux using a different program.

so i have to know what you are going to use the file for, since there are many posibilities here.

Mikey 🙂

Apr 19, 2006 1:07 PM in response to Jackie Simmonds

so you need elementary stream files, bcz DVDSP would mux it for you.

ok, just use compressor and create 2 files, one for the audio and one for the video.

of course i am assuming that you are using compressor 2. when you select a preset, you can set video and audio. make sure its dolby (2.0) if its stereo.

if you have compressor 1, then use compressor only for the video and use A.Pack for the audio.

both of the above mentioned methods will provide you with 2 files, a video file with the extension *.m2v and a audio file with the extension *.ac3.

both of these files can be imported into DVD SP.

Mikey 🙂

can't get video and audio together on mpeg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.