Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I've purchased apps on my iPhone, do I have to repurchase them for my iPad?

I have apps on my iPhone 4. Do I need to repurchase them for my iPad? (Hoping for a mini, but may get a 2 or 4)

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:31 AM

No. As long as the apps will work on the iPad - meaning that you are running the same iOS needed to use the iPhone apps on the iPad. But you do not have to purchase them again.

iPhone only apps will appear in the iPhone screen size on the iPad but you can double the size of most of those apps by tapping on the 2x in the bottom corner of the screen to enlarge the app.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2012 11:31 AM in response to donnad369

No. As long as the apps will work on the iPad - meaning that you are running the same iOS needed to use the iPhone apps on the iPad. But you do not have to purchase them again.

iPhone only apps will appear in the iPhone screen size on the iPad but you can double the size of most of those apps by tapping on the 2x in the bottom corner of the screen to enlarge the app.

Nov 8, 2012 11:31 AM in response to donnad369

All your apps will work on your Ipad. Most are universal, so they work with both ipad/phone/pod. Some apps are Ipad only apps. Some are Iphone only apps, but will run on Ipad. Just smaller like a phone screen on your Ipad. You will see when you get it....Iphone only apps are a lot smaller...even when you hit 2X to blow it up, they look bad.

Again, dont worry most are universal. On itunes you can see if the app is universal by a little plus sign in the corner where the price is. Or under your library it will sort them Iphone apps, Iphone and Ipad apps etc.

If I've purchased apps on my iPhone, do I have to repurchase them for my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.