Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Horizontal lines in the frame

Sorry, I am aware there must be a technical term for this! I attach a screen grab to illustrate the issue. Nothing too fancy going on here, that I don't use elsewhere in my piece, but the lines here are extreme. Is it how I shot it or something I am doing in the editing?

So much thanks to everyone who helps in these communities. I have never had a problem go unsolved!

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel, 5GB

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 12:05 PM

8 replies

Nov 11, 2012 1:33 PM in response to jrllsls

Click on the source clip in the FCP Browser to select it, and once selected, type Command + 9 to see the item properties for the clip. Either report those properties, or take a screen shot of the item properties and post that here.

Next, click anywhere on your sequence timeline, and then type Command + 0 {zero} to see your Sequence Settings. Either report those Settings here or take a screen shot of the Sequence Settings and post that here.

MtD

Nov 11, 2012 2:30 PM in response to jrllsls

OK, you are doing everything correctly.

Interlacing is visible when displayed on a computer screen, because computer screens are not designed to display interlaced footage correctly.

Interlace video is correctly displayed on TV screens, not computer monitors.

If it bothers you while editing, set the scale of your viewer and canvas to something other than 100% and FCP will supress the interlaced display;

User uploaded file

If your end product is destined for DVD, then don't worry about the interlacing, it will display correctly when viewed on a TV screen.

If your end product is destined for the web, you can deinterlace the video if you wish. If you use the YouTube preset in Compressor to compress your video for the web, it will automatically deinterlace your video.

MtD

Horizontal lines in the frame

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.