Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dual mail icons

Hi,

I have been noticing dual mail icons in the dock periodically. It just happened when I was e-mailing a page from Safari and incoming mail message arrived. The Mail icon in the dock was there, plus another on the far right like when an App is started which isn't in the dock. Any one else see this?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 3:23 PM

2 replies

Nov 8, 2012 3:59 PM in response to Stan52

Yes, this can happen. Here's a pertinent article:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2474

And here's a paragraph from that article:

The Dock keeps applications on its left side, while Stacks, and minimized windows are kept on its right. If you look closely, you'll see a vertical separator line that separates them. If you want to rearrange where the icons appear within their line limits, just drag a docked icon to another location on the Dock and drop it.

Nov 8, 2012 5:45 PM in response to sberman

Thank you for the reply. But this isn't a minimized window. Its a second instance of the Mail App launching. Plus when it opens, the page from Safari never comes up. This is a different behavior since the last OS update. I always use e-mail a Safari screen when I pay a bill. I'll report to feedback.

dual mail icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.