Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes is giving me trouble when I rearrange app icons

I am currently running iOS 6.0.1 on my iPod Touch 4th Generation.

As of today, I am using the latest version of iTunes on Wondows Vista.

I have always used the home screen preview window in iTunes to rearrange and rename my app icons and folders. Suddenly, ever since the upgrade to 6.0.1, I have an issue with this. If I click to drag an icon, the ghost of the icon appears, as normal. When I let to of the mouse, the icon will do one of two things: it will disappear completely or it will change into a different icon, leaving me with two of the same icon on the preview. So if I move one icon, the entire layout gets messed up. If I quit iTunes and enter it again, the same issue occurs.

Let me know if you need any more information besides what I have, like pictures or more specs. Thanks in advance for any answers. I want to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes, because even though I probably won't lose data, I'm afraid I will. Besides reinstalling iTunes, is there anything I can try doing until this bug is fixed? It's really annoying!!

iPod touch, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:13 PM

iOS 6.0.1 probably isn't the problem. It is most likely iTunes. Try moving the apps around on your iPod touch by holding down on a map, then moving it. That may work. If not, you may want to:

a) contact Apple Support

b) restore your iPod

Try to contact Apple Support. They will probably fix your thing up in no time! I wouldn't recommend the second option unless you are really desperate, because it will reset all of your downloaded apps.

Hope this helped!

burningstar077

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2012 5:13 PM in response to BigTarantula99

iOS 6.0.1 probably isn't the problem. It is most likely iTunes. Try moving the apps around on your iPod touch by holding down on a map, then moving it. That may work. If not, you may want to:

a) contact Apple Support

b) restore your iPod

Try to contact Apple Support. They will probably fix your thing up in no time! I wouldn't recommend the second option unless you are really desperate, because it will reset all of your downloaded apps.

Hope this helped!

burningstar077

Nov 8, 2012 5:28 PM in response to burningstar077

Thanks for replying so soon!

I do use the iPod itself to rearrange icons, it's just that I like to use iTunes better and I always have used it.

I am going to tell Apple about it.

I didn't think 6.0.1 was the problem, I just included it in the post in case it was necessary.

A website said a new iTunes version is coming this month. I'll be waiting patiently :)

iTunes is giving me trouble when I rearrange app icons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.