Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto and itunes events not syncing

In iTunes its showing events that are not in iPhoto and syncing random pictures from untitled events and I cant seem to delete them. Anyone having the same issue?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 3:59 PM

5 replies

Nov 8, 2012 4:42 PM in response to CoreyBB

Sure.

First:

Are you using PhotoStream via iCloud? If so, maybe there's something screwed up? (Don't you blame Apple before you're sure you did it all right...)

Next:

Find out the file/title name of one or better a few of the pics you are syncing now, best such that are not supposed to be in your iPhoto library. That might be tricky on iPad or iPhone. I'm not sure, but if nothing else, you might need to email them to yourself to see the file names in the incoming mail.

Do a Spotlight search for these files. I wouldn't be surprised if they popped up as part of the package of a different iPhoto library. There you'd go.

Finally:

Which library loads once you launch iPhoto? If it's the right one, relaunch iTunes and see what events it offers you for sync. I bet it'll be the ones as in your iPhoto.

If it's the wrong one, you won't be surprised, and neither will I be. Close iPhoto, then press and hold the Alt key while launching iPhoto again. You can then (find and) select the right library. And this way you'll be able to go back to the wrong one and export the pics you want to keep, then import them into the correct library. And once done, delete the entire wrong library (in Finder). Or maintain multiple libraries... since now you know how you can select them during launching iPhoto... 😉

iPhoto and itunes events not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.