Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to import only part of a song?

I have a CD (from India), with only one cut, and it causes my computer to crash when I try to import, but it will play the first ~45 min, (then crashes as well when playing).

I don't want to lose this rare music, so I have to play from the disk, then stop and eject before it gets to the bad spot.

I'm hoping to be able to imort at least some of it. Any suggestions? Thanks...

David

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:56 PM

Try using XLD ripper. There's a bit of a learning curve (tip: all settings are done in preferences) but it has an error checking routine that might help. Alternatively you can turn off error checking if it gets held up too much by that. You'll get errors in the track but you can use an audio editing program such as Audacity to do later editing as you wish.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 8, 2012 7:56 PM in response to Mountain Newbie

Try using XLD ripper. There's a bit of a learning curve (tip: all settings are done in preferences) but it has an error checking routine that might help. Alternatively you can turn off error checking if it gets held up too much by that. You'll get errors in the track but you can use an audio editing program such as Audacity to do later editing as you wish.

Is there a way to import only part of a song?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.