Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows XP and iCloud Compatibility

Is there any way I can access iCloud using my PC with Windows XP? I bought the Pages app after taking an Apple workshop and I was told I could use the iCloud with any PC. After viewing the instructions on the Apple site, it states you must have Vista or Windows 7. I don't want to spend the money to upgrade my PC to make it compatible with my iPad. Any suggestions?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:22 PM

10 replies

Dec 11, 2012 10:27 AM in response to Csound1

I keep hearing this, but I swear on all that is holy that using Mozilla Firefox as my browser, I was able to login and use iCloud on my work PC running Windows XP Pro. It has not worked for a few months now, but it did at one time, so dismissing it as complete incompatibility. Has iCloud changed in the past few months to make it completely incompatible, or what?

Apr 27, 2014 7:25 PM in response to aquawink

Here is an simple, old hack to get iCloud control panel to work on Windows XP to give you synced access to Contacts, Calenders, Reminders and Bookmarks. It also can be used to set up your me.com mail. Photostream doesn't work.

I found a solution here, have written it up in clearer english and added details re IMAP support for me.com addresses here:

http://42i.co/s/1ii

In summary:

You need:

The iCloud setup hack for Windows XP:

1. DownloadiCloud Control Panel for Windows- NOTE: old versions and already modified ones that (often) work are still avaliable in my solution: http://42i.co/s/1ii
  2. Open iCloudSetup.exe file with WinRar or 7-Zip and extract.
  3. Navigate to and open the iCloud.msi or iCloud64.msi (for 64bit systems) with Orca.
  4. In the left table select LaunchCondition. Then change in the right table “VersionNT> = 600” to “VersionNT> = 200” and Save.
  5. Run modified iCloud.msi and install.
  6. Run iCloud Control Panel, located in the Windows Control Panel, and set up as you want.

I've had reports that you need to keep the files extracted from the .exe file in the same directory during installaton of the .msi file.

Have fun!

Apr 28, 2014 3:01 AM in response to iorganutan

Can you stop resurrecting 2 year old posts simply to insert this hack?

Do you really think that the OP has waited since November 2012for you to post?

Have you tested this, or did you just read about it.

I've had reports that you need to keep the files extracted from the .exe file in the same directory during installaton of the .msi file.

Had reports?

That's a bit vague.

Windows XP and iCloud Compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.