Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Synching photos to iPhone 6.0.1 work on 9.4 iPhoto and 10.7 itunes?

In itunes, I can see all the Albums but it shows a zero count for photos when it is actually hundreds in iPhoto. Only the camera roll album and iStream (before I removed it) are now present. No albums are transferred eventhough I have checked them to synch. Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone know of a fix. User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:08 PM

1 reply

Nov 13, 2012 11:32 AM in response to LoghouseJD

Ok, working on it myself I

Tried This:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1314

iPhoto or Aperture

If you're syncing from an iPhoto or Aperture album, use these steps to find the iPod Photo Cache folder in the default iPhoto Library or Aperture Library location:

1. From the Finder, choose Home from the Go menu.
  2. Once there, open the Pictures folder and locate the iPhoto Library file. (For Aperture, this is called Aperture Library.) If you have moved your iPhoto Library or Aperture Library to a different location, go to that location in Finder first.
  3. Control-click the iPhoto Library or Aperture Library file and choose Show Package Contents from the shortcut menu.
  4. In the next window, locate the iPod Photo Cache folder and drag it to the Trash. Important: Do not remove or modify any other file within the library package. Removing or modifying other files may cause data loss.
  5. Close the Finder window.

I followed these instructions, and started iTunes again with the iPhone attached. I got the message

"Replace the synced photoes on the iPhone? This iPhone contains phots synced with another photo library or folder. ..Photos will be replaced with photos and albums from this computer... I answered replace photos.

1 When I switch libraries, and left "ipod cache" as is, iTunes seemed to replace with the photos I selected and had correct count.

2 But when I erased ipod cache, and tried to select them again, got warning message and count of selected albums was zero. But it left the photos and albums that were loaded in step 1, eventhough I chose to replace them.

3. Restarted and selected another album to add and it erased all the albums with out warning, and left the camera roll and iCloud stream and reported zero photos.

4. I restarted iTunes, connected the iPhone again, it did not give the warning, and this time it loaded the albums I had selected in step 3 but still reported a zero count on the iTunes Sync Photos from iPhoto page. The bar code at the bottom does change as another album is selected.

There's a minor problem here somewhere.

Does Synching photos to iPhone 6.0.1 work on 9.4 iPhoto and 10.7 itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.