Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

odd behaviour in event browser

Im running a 2011 imac with 12gig of ram. I've just upgraded to mountain lion and fcpx 10.0.6. My issue concerns the event browser. I was in the process of of of editing an sd project when all of a sudden the clips the event browser won't play when i press the space bar. I have tried opening another event and the same thing happens. I've never encountered this before. Does anyone know what's happening here?

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:41 PM

14 replies

Nov 9, 2012 1:37 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I had the skimmer on. The skimmer works in the timeline and in a clip in the event browser but if I press space bar with a clip selected in the event browser it simply refuses to play. Before this happened I noticed that fcpx had stopped skimming in the timeline but that functionality returned and now I can't play anything in the event browser.

Nov 9, 2012 2:18 AM in response to dpcam1

Okay, so I removed FCPX 10.0.6 and reinstalled it but the problem is still there. I noticed this time that after trying to get an event browser clip to play and having no success I went to the timeline and that no longer skimmed even though the skimmer was activated (blue symbol, top right of timeline.) I deactivated and reactivated the skimmer and it started to function again. This is quite a worry, really.

Nov 10, 2012 2:54 PM in response to dpcam1

As an update...I went back to my old user account and carried out the procedures Apple recommends for uninstalling FCPX and then reinstalled it after doing a repair permissions job and my drive and low behold the issue of no playback in event browser clips has disappears. Great. Don't totally know why.

odd behaviour in event browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.