Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with iTunes after installing an SSD/HDD on my Macbook Pro

Hello everybody,

I decided to install a SSD on my Macbook Pro, replacing the optical drive with it, then I set up the new disk to be the boot drive and left the HDD on its place to store media and stuff.

Obviously, my library now is on the HDD, but when I try to delete a file via iTunes I get a partial elimination, or no elimination at all. The songs remain on their place on iTunes. I have no idea why. My only theory is related to the TRIM option: I have a small application that enabled it on both drives, so maybe it may be a pain for the HDD?

Any help?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 13", mid-2010

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 1:34 AM

First, spinning hard drives don't use TRIM, so you can't enable it on your HD, only your SSD.

Is your SSD your boot drive? Where do you have your iTunes media stored? There's a right way and a wrong way to change the location of the media - see http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1449.

Good luck,

Clinton

2 replies

problems with iTunes after installing an SSD/HDD on my Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.