Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does the icloud addres become my apple ID as well

Apple have emailed me to say I can now use @icloud.com email address instead of my @me.com email address. It has also appeared on my mac and iphone as an optional email address which I can set as default if I wanted to. My @me.com email address is currently my apple ID as well for icloud etc and I wondered if I swap to @icloud.com email address do I have to use this for my icloud and apple ID as well and if so will it have all the same information etc in there i.e the contacts, diary and email etc? Plus will my purchases all be there as if I was still using my @me.com email address?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), 64 bit

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 1:12 AM

1 reply

Nov 9, 2012 1:30 AM in response to Mr_Wal

You can use either your @me.com or @icloud.com address. They are interchangeable. Anywhere you can log in with your @me.com address you can now login with your @icloud.com address.

You are not swapping from @me.com to @icloud.com. It is still the same account, with all the same info and purchases. It is simply an additional email address you can use in addition to your existing @me.com address, if you want to.

does the icloud addres become my apple ID as well

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.