Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else find that the iPhone 5 aluminium scratches easily?

I am usually quite careful to preserve the asthetic condition of my iPhones, but my new iPhone 5 already sustained some deep scratches to the sides of the aluminium casing. I strongly recommend new buyers to get a protective casing which wraps around the edges of the phone rather than the pouch I use where you have to take the naked phone out to use. As much as I love the looks and light weight, I think Apple compromised on durability and quality of the casing in this instance.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 5:51 AM

3 replies

Nov 9, 2012 12:31 PM in response to jaser121

Also in response to Wics

If I buy any device and find that out of the box its finish is not as it should be I give it back same day or at least I do not use it until I can give it back. Apple gives you 2 weeks to claim for a change. Some parts are subject to a possible damage even by normal use (generally speaking - not ) and if you wait longer it will be more difficoult to demonstrate that it was damaged out of the box.

iPhone until 4s hat strong glass on both sides. Before it was steel on the back. Now the 5 has an Alu (alloy?) on the back. If you look in technical papers you will find the difference in hardness and specific weight of the different materials.

Anyone else find that the iPhone 5 aluminium scratches easily?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.