Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Touchscreen Glitch Problem

These are brand new iPhone 5 phones that I received just yesterday . Right out of the box my iPhone 5 (Already update on 6.0.1 ) has touch navigation issue When i Scrolling on my iPhone 5 it stop taking Input , Input events Drop and sometimes screen also freeze..

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:08 AM

12 replies

Nov 9, 2012 10:23 AM in response to jagdeepgaba

Reset, hold both home and power buttons until the iPhone restarts itself, ignore the "slide to power off", let the iPhone restart itself. This ususally takes about 10 seconds of holding both buttons. See if better. If still problem, Restore iPhone with iTunes on computer, see if better. If still problem either return iPhone with receipt and everything it came with for refund or, make Genius reservation and take to Apple for resolution under Warranty.

Nov 10, 2012 1:42 AM in response to jagdeepgaba

Yea it happens to me too, when scrolling down things at a faster speed. It happens not only in mail or calendar, but all apps including facebook and twitter. When you scroll slowly its all good but once u start to scroll faster, the screen will not respond to the scroll eventually, it doesnt even recognize your finger until u remove it and scroll again.

Jun 25, 2013 5:03 PM in response to BlueX

Can someone tell me if this is a hardware issue? There doesn't seem to be a big pattern to when this occurs but it does happen more frequently each day... I've restored multiple times and little has changed. I've even tested it out on iOS 7 beta and it appears to be worse here so I'm uncertain as to what is causing this.

Mar 19, 2014 12:33 AM in response to jagdeepgaba

Same issues and my keyboard would freeze up, send without hitting send, the text bar would be under the keyboard, when texting it would jump out to the main text screen to my list my contacts.... Anyways I was told it was a hardware issue and so far I've had two iPhones 5s and they both do it. My original 5s started this after the ISO 7 update and got a lot worst with the 7.1 update. I've done Soft/hard resets. Factory restores

Completely wiping and using it as new, disassembled Facebook, turned off auto updates, location services, Siri, Java, and motion control and nothing helped. I wish Apple would fix this.

iPhone 5 Touchscreen Glitch Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.