Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes tags to ID3 tags

Hi, I made a previous question, but now I see it again, I see it can be misleading, so I'm rewrtiting it:

I have managed to have my itunes library quite neat now, all the artists and songs tags are the way I like them to be. However, I have noticed that wheneve I change a Tag in iTunes, it isn't doing the same for the original file, so whenever I re.upload a file, it is the way it was before, not neat.

Is there a way to have those iTunes tags "sent" or "fixed" to the orignal music file?

Thanks a lot!

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:34 AM

1 reply

Nov 9, 2012 8:55 AM in response to igna924

If by original you mean another copy of the file left outside the iTunes media folder while iTunes is working with a copy made during import then iTunes has no further interest in the originals.

If you mean that changes made to metadata in iTunes don't appear to be reflected when the same file is viewed in Windows Explorer or if the file is imported into a new library then the most likely cause of this is multiple embedded tags. iTunes works best when there is a single id3v2.3 tag. Select a couple of test files, right-click and use Convert ID3 Tags > None, repeat two or three times, then Convert ID3 Tags > ID3v2.3. Now see if updates are properly carried through. You'll have to reapply any embedded artwork. If it works repeat with other problem files.

For the future backup your library regularly with this User Tip.

tt2

iTunes tags to ID3 tags

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.