Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.0.6 Stable For You?

How are people finding the stability of 10.0.6 compared to the previous three? I had almost no issues with those previous versions (and no experience with 10.0 through 10.0.2).

In the past 2 weeks I have had more FCP crashes than I had in 8 months. No pattern to them; click on an icon and it works…unless it doesn't. Click on the TL and the playhead jumps to that location…unless it doesn't. Sometimes it works on the second or third try…other times it crashes.

Yesterday, I spent most of the afternoon color correcting a 30 minute show. Today, I fired up FCP and all of the corrections are gone. This is a new project and new event – both created in 10.0.6.

I'm running SL. Background rendering is off. Optimized media.

Russ

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:20 AM

5 replies

Nov 9, 2012 10:19 PM in response to Russ H

Russ,

For what it's worth... I thought I'd check in, even though my experience may be anecdotal. Personally, I have NOT noticed a change in stability. Since I've loaded 10.0.6, things have been purring. I purposely updated FCP in the middle of a project so I could gauge its performance. (My deadline was loose, so I took a risk.) In short, everything works fine... For me. I wish you luck! (BTW: I've benefited from some of your posts.)

Nov 9, 2012 11:33 PM in response to Russ H

No. FCPX.0.6 has been crashing frequently for ridiculous and seemingly arbitrary reasons... I just had a crash adding a title (just changed with added parameters in Motion.) I've been experiencing several a day. When I installed the upgrade, I thought it might have just been some glitches. I did a clean install (I manually hunted down all the .plist files from 05 and deleted them. I zipped up 0.5 and trashed the application.)

I am not running ML, nor do I plan to any time soon (too much other software will be trashed and I don't feel like laying out a small fortune to upgrade it all.)

10.0.6 Stable For You?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.