Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork's does not open.

I recently erased my HD (iMac 24''1TB) and reinstalled System 10.7.5. and the entire backup using CarbonCopyCloner. My iWorks, installed upon purchaseof iMac in 09 does now open. What do I need to do to get iWorks to open and work?

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:04 AM

11 replies

Nov 10, 2012 6:42 AM in response to keg55

The apps show up on the App Store, but there is a $19.95 charge.

I purchased the iMac 8 July, 2009 and also purchased iWorks installed by the Apple Store. I believe it came with Snow but i have updated it to 10.75 . It is currently running 10.75.

I made a full clone copy of the hard drive a few days before the Apple Genius cleaned the Hard Drive and reinstalled a new system. Genius thought there may have been a problem with the system after checking my iMac.

I am not able to open iWorks for the clone copy and I have not tried to open it with after booting from the clone because the system may have been the problem. I loaded the entire Hard Drive contents minus the system from the clone. The iMac is working better than before. I was hearing a noise from the iMac as if it were searching or doing some work in the back ground. Eventually the iMac would start and then within minutes it would show the beach ball and freeze up. After the Hard Drive cleaning and new system install the problems seem to have been corrected.

Nov 10, 2012 8:19 AM in response to Philipjc1

1. If they came on your Mac and you bought it in July 2009, then they didn't come from on-line App Store. It didn't exist in 2009.

2. iWorks didn't come with Snow Leopard. iWorks is not part of OSX.

3. If the Apple store installed iWorks when you purchased it, they should have supplied you with the iWorks DVD, as that was the available source in 2009.

Nov 10, 2012 8:26 AM in response to Lanny

I cannot find iWorks 9 disk. It may be that they installed it without giving me a disk as it might have been an extra charge for the disk. In any case I'm bringing the Imac to the Apple Genuis this afternoon with receipt in hand. Lets see what the Genius's can do. I'll update this reply after I return from the Apple Store.

Wish me luck

Thanks Phil

Nov 10, 2012 11:30 AM in response to Philipjc1

As my previous reply stated, I could not fing an install disk for iWorks. Appearntly when I bought the iMac I purchased iWorks as a package to be installed at the Apple Store. It did not come with a disk. The genius could not open the iWorks that was in my iMac. My iWork was discarded and a new iWorks was installed from the Apple Network. Now it works just fine.

Thanks to all who responded to my question. At the very least I know I can access this board for help in the future.

Again thanks

Phil

iWork's does not open.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.