Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any Thoughts on New iMac Fusion Drive for Editing Video

I was wondering if there were any thoughts about the new iMac for editing 720/1080 HD video from say an iPhone 5 or Canon Power Shot camera. The drive speed is now only 5400 RPM in the 21.5" model. I was curious if the the combo SSD/5400 RPM HDD had the same editing power as as a 7200 RPM drive.

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), IOS6, Apple TV2, Airport

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:17 AM

It should be fine, but I don't know anyone who actually has one yet.

4 replies

Nov 10, 2012 3:04 PM in response to AppleMan1958

Thanks, I've read it, well I should say I've tried to read it. Somewhat over my head, but not totally. I'm just curious if some of the video editing tasks would be done on the HDD or faster SSD drive. I'll have to go back to the article and see if there is any mention of that type of task.

I'm a little disappointed that you need to move up to the 27" iMac to get a 7200 RPM Fusion Drive. Do not need a 27" desktop.

Any Thoughts on New iMac Fusion Drive for Editing Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.