Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv does not see itunes computer

i can no longer get my apple tv (3rd gen) to see my itunes computer. I also can't get itunes to playback onto my apple tv.

I have an iphone 5 which can remote control both my itunes library and my apple tv. That part works fine.

AppleTV 2, Other OS, Windows 8

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:59 AM

7 replies

Nov 9, 2012 12:42 PM in response to ConvertApple

It certainly feels that way.

I've got it working, at least for now. I read a post that mentioned disabling the IPV6 protocol on all network adapters. After doing that, i restarted iTunes and it is currently working.

1. Open Control Panel.

2. Choose Network and Internet.

3. Select the View network status and tasks under the Network and Sharing Center section.

4. Choose your active network connection. It’s usually named “Wireless Network Connection 1″ or something similar.

5. Click the Properties button.

6. If Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) is checked, uncheck it, then click OK.

7. Click Close.

8. Restart iTunes and try to use the Home Sharing feature again.

Aug 10, 2013 4:49 AM in response to sugarbowl06

Yep that worked for me too. Thanks very much for taking the time to share info. Its really appreciated.

I have had loads of problem getting latest versions of Extreme, Express and Apple TV all working, with itunes on laptop being windows version 8. Where you cant get an airplay utilities version compatibl with latest Express and seemingly have to disable your firewall to get everything to talk. But having got it all working for a while everything just stopped working and I had the looking for library for ever circling whilst clearly attached to the network and able to airplay music from itunes to apple tv. All very frustrating. Eventually found your fix and immediately apple tv found library and all is good again. My wife is amazed that it takes so much effort to get all these components talking and how anyone not at all technical would ever get it working. It does question how thorough the user testing is before these components are bought to market. The packaging is great. The ideas are great. The interfaces are great. And when it works its great. But the quality of delivery is really very poor.

Dec 5, 2013 8:30 PM in response to sugarbowl06

It fixed mine. I have my desktop hard wired to my router via ethernet cable. It would not home share itunes with ATV or my two laptops. I went in to my Broadcom Ethernet card and shut off the IPv6 and fired up iTunes and it now home shares with the ATV and both laptops. Thanks a bunch. I have been on the phone with Apple Support for 3 days and nobody could figure it out. I guess someone should tell them!!!!!!!

apple tv does not see itunes computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.