Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Pro started to have the video card issue after 4 years of activation. Although Apple stated that " Apple will continue to evaluate the repair data and will provide further repair extensions as needed " they refused to repair it. What can I do?

My MacBook Pro started to have the video card issue after 4 years of activation. Although Apple stated that " Apple will continue to evaluate the repair data and will provide further repair extensions as needed " they refused to repair it. What can I do?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6), 15.4

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 11:19 AM

5 replies

Nov 9, 2012 12:35 PM in response to ds store

Unfortunately, since your warranty expired there isn't much you can do except pay for the repairs or purchase a new Macbook. Well, you do get 1 year of warranty and you can also purchase an extended warranty for another 3 years. Which I think is good enough. Most build to order companies such as Dell and HP use the same warranty coverage.

Nov 17, 2012 3:02 PM in response to Dr Al Zaabi

Sir, just because Apple refused to honor and replace a defective part dose not mean end to a valid claim.

I am very surprise to see the modrator has considered this inquiry solved. Please google Seattle Rex vs. Apple

and you will learn the truth.

"“So, this machine IS covered by the 8600GT repair program?”, asked the judge.

“Yes it is, your honor”, replied Apple.

Apple has replacement program in place for this exact issue right now to replace defective Nvidia Garaphics card, 2, Nvida is covering the cost, it won't cost Apple a dime. I suggest to contact Apple, point out Seattle Rex vs. Apple from April 2012, that should do the trick, if not invest $25 for court fee more, Apple in small clims court and you will win. I just found out my two 15" MacBook Pros have the same card, so I will have to see if Apple will do the right thing or refuse to stand behind their product.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.